Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Diced Sweet Potatoes (Lunch)


Ava loves her some sweet potatoes (SPs). And even though I know they are technically "yams" I call them SPs, so whatever.

This is really self-explanitory, and I'm sure kind of boring, but I'm going to document it anyway.

First grab yourself a giant SP. I try to get one that's at least semi-uniform, but big. Go ahead and peel it, making sure you get all the "white" pith-looking stuff.





I break down this monster into pieces I can dice evenly. The point is to try to get the cubes uniform for even cooking.

Example:
















Throw all the cubes into whatever steamer you want (I used my microwave rig from the tofu/broccoli post, but this works great on the stove with a steamer basket) and sprinkle on some Chinese 5 spice. You can use cinnamon too. I think it adds a nice dimension.






Steam the whole thing, covered with plastic wrap, for 3 sets of 3 minutes. Toss the SPs each time to cook evenly.

Let cool and serve!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...