Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Char Siu Potstickers


Yeah. I have some leftovers. So I thought, "Why not make some potstickers for lunch!?" Mmm...I love potstickers.

These are super easy, and it gets rid of some leftovers in one of my most favorite ways possible. 

Char Siu Potstickers

We're not going to over-think this one.

1/2 to 3/4 cup of leftover Char Siu (just depends on how many potstickers you want to make), minced
3/4 to 1 cup of Napa cabbage, minced
1 teaspoon of Hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon of Honey
1 teaspoon of Soy sauce
1 teaspoon of Sherry

==

Mince up your pork. I used about half a big leftover pork steak. 


Mince up some cabbage. Again, not over-thinking this. Just eyeball the amounts here.


Toss them into a pan with some preheated oil.


Toss for a minute and add the liquids. 


Toss for another minute and remove from the heat.

I added a little more cabbage, but will mince it up next time.
If you remember my "Bento without a box" post, this is about the same as the Gyoza section as far as cooking. I didn't feel like trimming the wonton wrappers, so technically, these aren't potstickers but I don't care. 

Place an over-sized teaspoon of the meat mixture into the center of the wrapper. 


Wet the top edge with a small amount of water and fold over the wrapper. Squeeze out as much air as you can and get a good seal. I did mine 3 at a time.


Repeat for the rest of your filling. I had 12.


Grab a saute pan that is NOT non-stick. Potstickers can't stick to teflon. Pour enough oil into the pan to coat the bottom and place over high heat. Once the oil is hot, arrange the potstickers as best as you can in the pan. Let them cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottoms are browned and stuck to the bottom. 


Turn the heat to low and throw in 1/3 cup of broth (beef or chicken or veggie, in this case I had beef broth on hand) and cover for 2 minutes while they steam.


Remove from the pan and consume. 

I didn't even need to make a dipping sauce for these since the filling was so flavorful.

Start to finish, this only took me about 20 minutes. Less time, cheaper and more delicious than ordering them.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...