Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Easy (but not quick) Pot Roast


I apologize for the lack of posts, but my folks were in town and I didn't have the time/energy/focus to photograph all the dinners and post them. Sorry. I did get this one because it's so easy to make. I just prepped everything after breakfast, tossed it in the oven and we had it for dinner. Doesn't get much easier.

This, depending on how you prep your roast can actually turn into a bit of a beef stew as my dad commented. It is still very good and about as un-convoluted as a meal can get.

Pot Roast

Everything here is approximate. You can't really mess it up. Just keep everything pretty even and make sure it fits in your pot.
2-5 pounds chuck roast (cut in large cubes or left whole, your choice)
5-7 ribs of celery, chopped
3-5 carrots, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
2 potatoes, chopped
1 cup of beef broth
Salt & pepper

That's it.

==

Grab yourself a pot that can handle the ingredients and put it over medium heat. Preheat your oven to 225. 

Get your chuck roast and cube it. If you want a heartier roast, keep it whole. I prefer to have more bite sized pieces, but that's me.


Brown the meat in the pot. Just get some color on it, don't over do it. 


Season generously with salt and pepper. (a teaspoon of each, minimum)


Gather your veggies.


Chop them up and add to the pot.


Give everything a stir, add the beef broth and season again with salt and pepper. 


Toss it in the oven for 8 hours. Yes, 8 hours. You can probably get away with 6, but 8 is better. 

This is mine after 2.


After 4.


After 8. Check again for seasoning. I added another teaspoon each of salt and pepper. 


Serve with bread and butter.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...