Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chicken Linguine with Peas, Parmesan and Bacon


I've been making a bunch of meals that just didn't work out very well, or that I didn't feel like they were worth posting, or that were repeats I've posted before - so I apologize for the lack of activity. I'm planning to do a few this week, so maybe you'll get some more action from me.

This one was pretty easy and cheap. I made my own pasta, because that's what I do, but you can use boxed pasta for sure.

Chicken Linguine with Peas, Parmesan and Bacon
(from here)


1 lb box linguine (boils in 7-8 minutes) (or make your own with 200g flour and 2 eggs)
1/4 lb raw bacon, chopped (I used 3 slices)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
16 oz bag frozen petite peas
2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup olive oil (to taste)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

==

Start by chopping up your bacon. You can go as coarse or fine as you want here since we're going to be using it as a crumble anyway.

You'll probably want to get a pot of water on the boil as well.


Toss it into a nonstick pan over medium heat. Don't cook it too hot or the bits will burn and the grease will be charred tasting. Slow will do fine here.


Meanwhile, dice up your chicken. 

I used a monster single breast for mine.

bluuuuurrrrrry but good
When your bacon is nice and crispy, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and retain the drippings.


Toss in your chicken and season with some salt and pepper. 


Cook until no longer pink then remove it from the heat and drain. 


Get your pasta in the water and add the peas during the last minute of cooking. 


Drain the water and put the peas/pasta back in the pot.


Add half the parmesan, the chicken and the oil. I started with 2 tablespoons and ended up using another drizzle or so to get the consistency right. 


 Stir well to combine.


Serve with more parmesan and the bacon crumbled over top. I'd recommend more pepper too probably.

Overall, this was a quick and easy meal that ended up being really satisfying. I think next time I'll try to do a sauce using the bacon and chicken drippings, but that's for another post.

I'm always amazed at how well bacon and pepper and peas go together. 

So good.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...